Q? If I file a claim for damage, can my insurance company raise my rates or penalize me?
- Insurance companies do not raise your policy rates when damage is caused by an “Act of God” (weather or natural disaster). These fall into the category of no-fault claims.
Q? How long will it take to complete my new roof?
A. The claims process typically takes about three weeks. Once the inspection is done and the claim has been processed, the project is scheduled within 24 hours. Once the roofers begin installation, it takes an average of one day to complete most projects.
Q? Does 5 Star Roofing and Restoration have insurance?
- Yes. 5 Star Roofing and Restoration has $1,000,000 General Liability and Workman’s Compensation coverage. This type of coverage protects the property owner as well as 5 Star.
Q? What if my insurance estimate is different than 5 Stars estimate?
- If your adjuster is called out before the 5 Star company inspector, the adjuster may overlook damage that our inspectors are specifically trained to find. If the adjuster has already done an inspection and the estimate differs from 5 Star’s estimate, we will need to send them an estimate of our findings. This extra step can be avoided and time saved by calling us first for an initial inspection. Our estimates are made using Xactimate® pricing, the same pricing software used by most insurance companies.
Q? How do I file a claim with my insurance provider?
- Our expert insurance restoration specialists will work through this process and make sure you understand each step. Once the 5 Star roofing inspector has performed the free assessment, we will call your insurance company to complete this process.
Q? Do I need to get two or more estimates?
- No, additional estimates are not necessary. Your insurance company will determine the scope of work that they expect to be completed. 5 Star Roofing and Restoration uses the same gold standard software as most leading insurance companies for measuring and pricing including Xactimate® and EagleView®. It is our goal to make sure you do not pay anything out of pocket except for your deductible. We will work with your insurance company to make sure they cover all costs.
Q? Should I call my insurance company before I call 5 Star?
- You should call 5 Star first for a free inspection to determine the extent of the damage. 5 Star will work directly with your insurance company and handle your claim from start to finish. We work with your adjuster to make sure that all damages are itemized for maximum coverage
Q? What is my time frame for filing a claim?
- Yes. Insurance companies typically only pay claims for damage sustained and fixed within six months to one year of the event.
Q? What problems can arise from storm damage?
- Shingles can curl, crease, or blow off completely as a result of strong winds. Loss of shingles makes the roof vulnerable to water damage. Pitting and mold caused by storm damage can lead to premature shingle aging and should be caught early to prevent leaks. Additionally, damage to gutters, siding, windows and insulation can result from just one storm.
Q? How do I know if I qualify for a new roof?
- Often, property owners are unaware of sustained damage until leaks develop. If your geographic area has had a severe storm in the last few years, there is a possibility that roofs in the area have been damaged. Roof damage is not always visible to the untrained eye. Aside from leaks, hail can cause pitting, mold and untimely aging of the shingle. A good portion of our customers had no idea they had sustained any damage. It is highly advisable to have a professional come out to perform an inspection.
Q? Do I have to pay 5 Star for their claims assistance?
A. No. Free claims assistance is one of the many benefits of working with 5 Star. Our claims professionals have years of experience and makes the claims filing process easy.
Q? How can 5 Star Roofing help me?
Our professionals perform a free inspection to assess the severity of your hail, wind, or water damage. We will also provide an insurance restoration specialist to work directly with your insurance company at no cost to you.